It is the only index in Australia to provide an accurate and forward-looking picture of the current credit risk exposure of Australian businesses. As a measure of the financial health of businesses, it is ultimately also a critical barometer of the wellbeing of the entire economy.
The index is a dynamic measure of stress for businesses, driven by unique data sources which are leading indicators of insolvency risk including:
- Geo demographic risk – a geographical ranking of future insolvency risk for more than 300 regions in Australia.
- National average probability of default (PD) – an early indicator of the insolvency risk of Australian businesses.
- National trade receivables growth – an indicator of business trade receivables and cash flow activity. This is a key measure of the overall health of the Australian economy.
News & Articles
- Business Risk Index Monthly ReportDATA AND INSIGHTS
What does the latest Business Risk Index data mean for the Australian businesses and the broader economy? Our comprehensive monthly report provides all the detail you need, with insights from CreditorWatch CEO Patrick Coghlan and Chief Economist Harley Dale.
- CreditorWatch Business Insights Video PodcastEXPERT ANALYSIS
Prefer to watch or listen? We explore the stories behind the Business Risk Index numbers in our Business Insights podcast, featuring CreditorWatch CEO Patrick Coghlan, creator of the index James O’Donnell and finance commentator Ali Cain.
- Business Risk Index Media ReleaseWhat’s the story?
Our latest media release, detailing the key findings from this month’s Business Risk Index data.