Data Security Policy
Tens of thousands of businesses provide data and information to CreditorWatch. It is important to us that the data provided to us is protected and we maintain adequate data security measures to mitigate unauthorised access and disclosure.
CreditorWatch accesses a variety of government databases that include ASIC, the Australian Business Registry and Courts around Australia. To gain access to these government databases, we are contractually required to maintain high levels of security and practices to prevent unauthorised access and/or misuse. These practices include the implementation of commercially responsible technical, physical and administrative data security safeguards.
The measures implemented are:
- Established policies and procedures for securely managing information;
- Limiting employee access to sensitive information;
- Locating our servers within Australia, which are hosted in Sydney in a secure, fireproof cage;
- The server location has 24-hour security with log book access;
- Protection against unauthorised access to customer data by using data encryption, authentication and regular anti-virus updates, as required;
- Monitoring our websites through recognised online privacy and security organisations;
- Technology reviews such as software, virus protection and firewall settings;
- Continually assessing our data privacy, information management and data security practices;
- Destroying or de-identifying your personal information when it is no longer required by law or our record retention policies;
- Protecting our website using industry standard 2048-bit encryption using a SSL (secure sockets layer) certificate.
Rigorous principles are applied to ensure that the interests of individuals and businesses are respected, regardless of how information is collected or disseminated. Where data relates to individuals our principles uphold the privacy principles and the other relevant provisions of the Privacy Act.
“Many of Australia’s leading companies (including ASC listed entities) trust CreditorWatch with the security and privacy of their corporate data. These customers expect the highest level of integrity and the privacy and security of their confidential data is at the foundation of our business. Complying with our Data Security Policy is the highest priority in how we operate and conduct our business.”
Colin Porter – Founder and Managing Director