Meet Hilbert Klaster – Senior Business Development Manager, VIC
What do you do at CreditorWatch and why do you love it?
I am a Senior Business Development Manager. At any given moment, I could be speaking with a person at reception through to a CEO, GM or business owner and I get to show them a great product that could make a huge difference to their day or business.
I love seeing their reactions when you sit in front of them and show them how powerful these tools are. I do love that moment when they realise that they just need our tools in the hands of their accounts receivable team!
What does your average workday look like?
I always wake up early, so I arrive at work at about 7:30am. I love getting a head start on the rest of the world. I start to ride a roller coaster at about 8:30 am, when I start cold calling. You just don’t know where each conversation will lead to. It keeps me on my toes.
I really enjoy the variety of my day. A mixture of office time and meetings, where I could end up anywhere in suburban Melbourne whether it be morning or afternoon. It’s a great balance.
Your role probably exists at other companies. What makes CreditorWatch special?
That’s easy to answer, two reasons:
- I love the product! It is so much fun showing our customers. It’s quite unique. You do have to see it to understand its power.
- Our Melbourne team are like a 2nd family to me. It’s great spending time with this group of people. A fantastic culture makes it enjoyable to come to work.
What’s the biggest career lesson you’ve learnt so far?
Never give up. The harder I work, the luckier I get!
What’s been your biggest achievement in your role?
I feel that I am now contributing to our CreditorWatch team. After 6 months in, I am now feeling like a part of the CreditorWatch fabric and culture!
And your biggest achievement outside of the office?
Being a dad, husband, footy coach and fisherman.
If you could do another job for just one day, what would you do?
I’d be the captain of the Australian Cricket Team on the opening day of the Lords test match.
What’s something you’ve always wanted to try but never have?
A Northern Territory fishing trip.
What three apps do you use the most?
- Podcast App – makes the drive into work go really quickly.
- Team App – need to be on top of where and when my kids are playing cricket, footy, basketball and calisthenics.
- Salt Guide (fishing app) – so I can find where the fish are biting and how strong the wind is blowing. I probably spend too much time on this one.
If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would play your character?
Steve Carell from The Office (my kids think he would be best suited to play me).